Wednesday 4 December 2013

Ashleigh's Nails!

Ima little bit of a houndstooth addict atm! I love the simple design that always look's on trend and unique. It may take a little time to get the hang of the pattern but once you've mastered it, it really is easy! I wanted to add a colour pop to my nails as the usual monochrome houndstooth has already featured here. I decided to go for a pink to purple fade, my favourite ombre effect! To create ombre nails you will need 2 or more colours, a white base coat, small sponges (make-up sponges work best), cotton buds and nail polish remover. 
The first step to ombre nails is a basic white coat. It needs to be white as the colours you are sponging on won't show up very well with a basic clear coat. After the white has dried you need to paint on strips of you're chosen colours onto the sponge, make sure they will fit on the space of your nail or you may just end up with one colour over the whole nail (waste of time)!

 After you're colours are on the sponge quickly place the sponge over your nail and lightly dab to mix in the colours to a fade. Most colours work well together, using too many dark colours may result in an overall one colour but usually it works fine. Once you have dabbed each nail with the sponge, (you will have to re-apply paint for each nail) you will need to remove the mess around the rest of your nails. To do this, just pour a little nail polish in the lid and then dip the cotton bud in. Then simply wipe of the unnecessary paint with the cotton buds!  

After your ombre nail's have dried you're free to start painting on the pattern. As I mentioned before I'm in love with this houndstooth pattern and I think it will always be a favourite of mine! There's a really great tutorial on how to do monochrome houndstooth pattern here- Nail art tutorial image
Then all you have to do is add a nice glossy coat on top and you're done! Classy, colourful nails in a matter of minutes :) 
Above it another example of houndstooth nails that I did for my sister. These were a white to pink ombre fade with houndstooth over the top! I think these colours work well and this just shows that it works with multiple colours other than white! 

I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial/nail post! If you have any questions or comments please leave them below as I love any feedback you have :) 
Thanks for reading! 
Loveash-xx

No comments:

Post a Comment