Monday 21 October 2013

Ashleigh's nails!

As well as fashion,another passion of mine is nail art! Yes, ever since I got my hands on a nail pen i've been completely addicted! So,I've decided to update you all on my weekly nail art newbies! Occasionally there will be one or two changes in the week so ill post up every one with a little tutorial/explanation of how they're created! Heres two from this week! 

The image above is my first attempt at houndstooth nails. A top trend along with tartan this autumn so I just had to give it a go! After watching a little tutorial from another blog and I was ready to go! You need a black base polish to start and a white nail pen/ brush. Ill post the tutorial I used below as its a little fiddly and also very tricky to explain in words (I tried and had to give up!)


My second mani of the week is a little more wild than monochrome! I specifically chose leopard print as I new I would be wearing my fave leopard print pumps the next day and who doesn't love a little matchy matchy! Anyway, to create this look I used a nude/brown Maybelline gel polish base and then topped it with a matte gold crackle polish from O.P.I. Nails. After the crackle dried I added small dots of the the same colour as the base on top. Then simply added the blavk lining details and a few extra spots to create this lush leopard effect, top with a high gloss top coat and your good to go! 

Hope you enjoy my weekly nails and feel free to comment below with requests or blogs that I can follow for inspo! Thanks for viewing! 

LoveAsh-xx

4 comments:

  1. so cute! we love doing DIY nail art! It is much more satisfying and inexpensive too!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the first one! So cute

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete